Well I am LOVING Utah so far! I have great roommies and I have met a lot of Great new people! :) I never thought that I would be having so much fun just with being on my own and stuff! :) I mean I really miss my family but I am just having a great time being out on my own, making my own decisions and so on! :)
Anyway ... I just was here sitting in my room thinking to myself about lots of things ... and the first thing that came to me was the thought of Smiles ... :D ... you know how there are those smiles that are true and others that are just plain lame and you can tell its being forced ... ? anyway I wanted to talk about it because well lately all of my smiles have been absolutely True happy smiles!!! sometimes I just cant stop smiling! ... but that's another story ... ha ha :) ... (OK side note: right now my roommate is listening to some music of all random sorts! ... I love it because she sings to it and just goes into her own world when the music is on! I love it! but I'm not going to lie it is kinda hard to concentrate, I think I'm going to go get some ear plugs and ... hold on ... ok I'm listening to my own music now so we are good! :) moving on ... lets see what other kind of randomness I can put together for today's blog :D ...) anyway about smiles it just made me think of a song that I love and that was sung by a VERY cute little girl who's name is Shirley Temple (Love her!) ... anyway I truly believe that this song has such true meaning because when I first got up here I was not having the best of time, I missed my family, my friends back home and just wasn't having much success with being sociable ... but then one day I realized that it was my own dang fault!! and that I needed to decide on my own attitude and just S.M.I.L.E just like in this song! :)
Shirley Temple
Song Lyrics
You Gotta S-M-I-L-E To Be H-A-P-P-Y
(Stowaway 1936)
Lyrics/Music Mack Gordon and Harry Revel
Picture: Original Sheet Music cover
Sound Clip: ©1997 Iris Musique
If something may upset you
Don't ever let it get you down
Don't wear a frown
If fortune should forsake you
Don't ever let it make you sigh
Keep shooting high.
Be a crooner, not a groaner, never kick
Here's a spelling lesson that will do the trick
You've got to S-M-I-L-E
To be H-A-Double-P-Y
Keep it in mind when you're blue
It's easy to spell and just as easy to do
You gotta S-M-I-L-E
It's gonna help considerably.
Just keep your chin up and give it a try
And you'll find silver lined clouds in the sky
You've gotta S-M-I-L-E
To be H-A-Double-P-Y
Ladies and gentlemen, just for fun
I'd like to sing this song again
The way it would be done, by...
Al Jolson, Eddie Cantor, and last but not least
That swingable pair: Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire
You've gotta S-M-I-L-E, Oh like the birdies,
Birdies birdies up in the trees..
Pretty flowers, April showers, my Mammy
Life is divine at a quarter to nine
You've simply gotta S-M-I-L-E
'Cos Potatoes are cheaper you see
I won't spend a nickel
I won't spend a sou
I just want to spend one hour with you
(kiss)(kiss)(kiss) S-M-I-L-E
Parkyakarkus with Ida, Mammy!
Anyway I would listen to this song all the time when I was a little girl! I just loved the meaning of "Be Happy!" and knowing that it was you that made the choice to be happy! *sigh* I just love the thought of that because it is so true! and I know that that is what the lord would have us know! because it is us!! we are the ones who have the agency to call upon ourselves and even our dear father in heaven! He loves us and only wants us to be happy! and when things turn sour its just as hard on him as it is for us! ... sorry I'm going to expand upon a little more on another song that makes me smile ... well most do because I love music so much but Jesse Clark Funk sings a song entitled "Better then I" in the song she just tell about how we all go through trials where we try and try to understand something we are going through but its just not our time to know why things are happening certain ways! We just need to have faith in Christ and just know that he knows better then us! In a part of the song she says:
"For You know better than I
You know the way
I've let go, the need to know why
Cause You know better than I
I saw one cloud and thought it was the sky
I saw a bird and thought that I could follow
But it was You who taught them how to fly
If I let you reach me, will You teach me
For You know better than I
You know the way
I've let go, the need to know why
I'll take what answers You supply
Cause You know better than I"
anyway ... I guess the moral of this is try not to let things get you down! just remember he is there for you always! Make the choice to smile and know he knows better then we do and the things we go through make us who we are now or in the future! ... anyway but its getting late for me ... its about 2am and time for me to get some shut eye ... I hope you enjoyed this post and I will talk to you all later! :D
3 comments:
youre so cute. your blog makes me smile, a real smile. i love how you just write what youre thinking.
I must see this true smile soon. You sister said she was coming up to Utah...you guys should totally come hang out for the day.=)
Love you
I am so glad that we were able to hang out for little bit the other day! I love you so much! We need to get together more often. Please take me up on the offer to come over for dinner and games!!
Post a Comment